Remote Ripple for Windows: Getting Started
About Remote Ripple Application
The Remote Ripple software is installed on the viewer PC. The application allows you to configure and save a list of sessions with remote devices you access, and to monitor and control any session from the list.
To establish connection between the viewer PC and a remote device, the remote PC needs a VNC (host) software, like TightVNC Server, to be installed.
Starting a new session
Remote Ripple allows you to configure and save a list of up to 10 sessions. If you start a new session above this limit, the earliest session will be auto-removed from the list.
Connection of a station in Remote Ripple can be done on the Home tab. By clicking “New session”, an input window opens:
- Host Address -> IP/Domain name of remote host where VNC is installed.
- Display Name -> name that will be displayed in the recent session list (optional).
- Advanced Settings -> VNC host port if it differs from default (5900).
By clicking “Connect”, the session configurations are saved, and you can see the list of saved sessions in the “Recent sessions” list.
Possible actions with a session
- restart a session
- remove a session from the list
Single station control possibilities
- Clipboard exchange (moving text from a station to the application and backwards with standard “Copy” and “Paste” actions with a mouse or hotkey combination (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V))
- File transfer (possible with TightVNC Server or any other VNC server with full functionality of Tight file transfer extension).
- Mouse, keyboard and clipboard enable/disable
- Full screen (Screen settings). To exit full-screen mode, move the cursor up to the center of the window border. A bar with buttons will appear, click the target button.
- Original mode (Screen settings) presents the remote desktop in its original size, the image crops if you reduce the monitoring window size.
- Auto mode (Screen settings) always shows the whole image of the remote desktop, scaling it if you change the monitoring window size.
Application settings in the main menu
Automatic updates check
MightyViewer can autocheck the updates availability and timely inform you. The option is active by default. You can disable it.
Also, you can visit the site or apply to the Support team.
For more specific questions, see F.A.Q.